65 results were found.
- What is F-1? F-1 is an immigration status avai...
Maintaining J-1 Scholar Status
- The J-1 scholar must take care during his/her stay in the US to maintain lawful J-1 status, as failure to do so can have serious short-term and long-term consequences. Important Steps to Maintaining Status Here are some simple steps the J-1 scholar can take to ensure that the stay
- If you are an F-1 or J-1 student who is experiencing unforeseen, serious financial hardship while studying in the U.S., you may be able to obtain off-campus employment authorization. USCIS authorizes economic hardship employment for F-1 Students and the US Information Agency authorizes it for J-1 Students. Economic hardship
ISSS Deadlines & Processing Times
- ISSS kindly asks that immigration processing requests are made with plenty of time to spare, as government processing times are unchangeable and unpredictable. Please utilize the resources provided in the Immigration section of our site to see what documents are necessary for various processes. To minimize processing times, please
F-1 OPT STEM iPenn Request
- How To Apply Submit the STEM Extension Request electronic request form in iPenn (using logo below) After you log in with your Pennkey, you will find "STEM OPT Extension Request" under Student Services in the left menu. Upon verifying your eligibility and determining that your degree is on the
Absence/Departure from Penn
- How to Arrange an Absence or Departure from Penn Your immigration status is directly associated with and affected by your full-time enrollment in an academic program. If you intend to, or are thinking about, taking a leave or withdrawing from Penn please discuss with ISSS as soon as possible.
H-1B Specialty Workers
- Penn most commonly uses the H-1B temporary pro...
- Maintaining your status as an ELP student requires you to: Follow the instructions found on Page 2 of your I-20/DS-2019 Familiarize yourself with the policies and regulations outlined below: Know and protect your Documents Review the Academic, Attendance, and Employment policies Understand the Travel and Transfer regulations Know &
Acquiring F-1/J-1 Status
- Student Entry Visa Application & SEVIS Fee Overview International students must have the proper status and documentation before beginning their academic programs or employment. Once you have your status, e.g. F-1 or J-1, that permits study or employment, your next step will be to obtain an immigration document from
US Entry Visa
- US Entry Visa US Entry Visas are issued by the US Department of State and are obtained at US Embassies or Consulates abroad. The visa application must be presented during a scheduled interview at a US Embassy or Consulate. If you are entering the US for the first time