Welcome to Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP)
Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP) provides opportunities for outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to intern abroad for eight to twelve weeks over the summer. The majority of internship placements have been with non-profit or non-governmental organizations, but the nature of the placements varies greatly. Some IIP placements require office work, while others require hands-on work at field sites, schools, or clinics. Each intern will receive an award to offset their internship-related expenses, including flight, visa expenses, housing and food, funded by the University of Pennsylvania. These global opportunities allow students to apply the academic knowledge they have obtained, while enriching their overall Penn experience with diverse cultural and international exposure and valuable work experience.
If you are interested in spending a summer abroad doing work related to your academic concentration or interests, we encourage you to explore the IIP placements available and contact us with any questions.
The application for the summer 2015 International Internship Program will open in December. Visit the Application page for more information!
Internships for summer 2015 will be posted on a rolling basis between November 2014 and January 15th, 2015. In the meantime, browse the website to learn more about IIP and take a look at last year's IIP placements.
Follow the IIP Interns Blog!
- Jul 27 1:21PM
- Merci chérie, mais je vais à la maison
- Eight weeks interning at the World Medical Association. Eight weeks of living nearly thirty minutes away from Geneva, Switzerland. Eight weeks of learning, laughter, and tasting a lot of delicious sweets and savory treats. I cannot be more grateful for this opportunity. During my eight weeks at the World Medical Association, I worked on several independent […]
- Jul 25 2:56AM
- Put a bit of Europe and a bit of Asia in a blender and go TZZZZZZZZHHHHHH.
- A close neighbor of the Hong Kong SAR is another island, Macau SAR. This was the destination of last Saturday’s day trip. At 10 am in the morning, Hope and I arrived at the ferry terminal in Tsim Sha Tsui expecting to find a clear central ticketing booth for the round trip to the island […]
- Jul 22 11:01AM
- HK Blog 4: A Trip to Macau
- Last weekend, the other intern, Harvey, and I took a trip to the nearby island of Macau. The island is about an hour from Hong Kong and accessible by ferry. To get to Macau, Harvey and I first went to the ferry terminal (after getting lost of course). The ticket buying system was hurried, and […]
Dyana So, IIP Summer 2014 intern in Israel, had this video featured on SAS Frontiers.
Lauren McCann, IIP Summer 2013 intern in Botswana, submitted this video to Penn Abroad's Travel Arts Festival.
Learn about upcoming IIP events below.