OPT Workshops and Webinars
ISSS offers OPT Workshops for F-1 Students in two formats - In-person and Webinar.
An understanding of OPT is expected before you attend a workshop or webinar. Please visit our website to learn more about OPT:
OPT In-Person Workshops
This workshop will discuss pre- and post-completion Optional Practical Training, as well as the Do's and Don'ts of OPT!
* Registration required. Space is limited.
- Friday, February 16, 1:00 - 2:00 PM @ Perry World House, World Forum
- Thursday, February 22, 1:00 - 2:00 PM @ Perry World House, World Forum
This online webinar will discuss pre- and post-completion Optional Practical Training options. There will be time for Q&A.
*Webinars are live online workshops - the webinar link will be sent upon registration.
- Tuesday, February 13, 11:00am – 12:00pm
- Monday, February 26, 11:00am – 12:00am
- Wednesday, March 21, 1:00pm – 2:00pm REGISTER HERE
Did you miss an OPT workshop? View a recording of a past OPT Webinar here!
· If you have difficulty accessing the webinar, please try a different web browser (Internet Explorer may work better than Google Chrome).
· To receive optimal performance, we recommend that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. Download the latest Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Workshops and webinars for Penn Department Administrators
Please Note: The following workshops and webinars are only for Penn department administrators
In-Person Workshops for Department Administrators
Overview of Hiring Foreign Nationals
Friday, February 9, 12:00 – 1:30pm | Location: BRB 1412
In this workshop, participants will learn about H-1B, O-1, OPT, Permanent Residence, and other immigration options available to Penn employees. There will be time for questions.
H-1B Visa Workshop
Monday, March 5, 12:00 – 1:30pm | Location: BRB 1412
Penn most commonly uses the H-1B professional worker category for faculty members and research associates, as well as certain staff positions such as data analysts and research specialists. This workshop is designed to provide an overview of the H-1B Specialty Occupation Worker status and internal procedures. There will be time for questions.
J-1 Exchange Visitors Workshop
Friday, March 9, 12:00 – 1:30pm | Location: BRB 1412
This workshop is designed to provide an overview of different J-1 Exchange Visitor categories (e.g. research scholar, visiting professor, etc.) and internal procedures. There will be time for questions.