Please note: The extension procedure will extend your I-20 or DS-2019 but not your visa stamp. If you have an expired visa stamp in your passport, you are permitted to remain in the US with a valid I-20 or DS-2019. However, the next time you travel out of the US and need to reenter, you will still need to apply for a new visa stamp to return to the US.