Please report all changes and submit evaluations / validation reports by logging into iPenn using logo below and completing the "STEM OPT Reporting" e-form.
STEM degree holders on the 24-month OPT extension are required to report to ISSS within 10 days of any change of:
- Legal name
- Residential or mailing address
- Employer name
- Employer address
- Employment status (change of employer or loss of employment)
Changes that require submitting a new I-983 training plan:
- Material changes to existing I-983, such as reduction in hours or compensation, change in duties, or employer EIN
- Change of employer or loss of employment requires submission of the "Final Evaluation on Student Progress" section of the I-983
- Subsequent employment will require submission of a new I-983 training plan.
Validation Reports and 12-Month Evaluations
In addition to reporting any changes to your employment and contact information, you are also required to complete scheduled validation reports and evaluations.
- Validation reports are used to confirm that the name, address, employer, and employment status listed in your SEVIS record are correct. These reports are due to ISSS every 6 months from the approved STEM extension start date.
- Evaluations of student progress are included in Form I-983 and must be completed by the student and employer and submitted to ISSS every 12 months. The “Evaluation on Student Progress” should be submitted within 12 months of the listed STEM OPT start date. The “Final Evaluation on Student Progress” should be submitted at the termination of employment and/or 24 months after the STEM OPT start date.
This e-form will be used to report or submit the following:
- A scanned copy of your eAD card upon receipt from USCIS
- Changes to employment (including ending employment)
- 6 month validation reports
- 12 month and final evaluations
- Changes to your legal name
- Changes to your F-1 immigration status (for example: no longer in the US and/or do not plan to use OPT, no longer in F-1 status, received permanent residency)