How to Apply
The application for the Summer 2018 Global Internship Program is now open! Here are the steps you should take to apply now:
1. Determine if you are eligible for the GIP. Students are eligible if they meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must currently be a full-time, degree-seeking student at the University of Pennsylvania (can be an undergraduate or graduate student)
- Must be returning to Penn next Fall semester as a full-time, degree-seeking student
- Must have not participated in the International Internship Program in previous summers OR must not have accepted an opportunity through the International Internship Program in previous summers and then withdrew from the opportunity
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing
2. If you are an eligible student, search through our pre-approved placements by using one of the following links:
Alternatively, if you have found your own internship or research placement for the summer, use the following link to find out more about the application process for Funding-Only: http://pennabroad.terradotta.com/?go=funding1
3. Read through each opportunity carefully! Pay attention to the details of the internship, any additional eligibility requirements, housing, application instructions, and resources available to help you.
4. Create a list of 1-5 opportunities that you are interested in and why.
5. Click here to determine which type of advising appointment you need (if any). Please be aware that attending an advising appointment is a required component of all GIP applications (except Funding-Only). Advising appointment time slots are limited, so don't wait too long to schedule yours. Students who do not complete advising appointments will not be able to submit their applications for the GIP and will not be considered.
6. Complete the online application and click "Submit" once all requirements have been fulfilled!
Summer 2018 Application Timeline
List of Placements Made Available: October 27, 2017
Round #1 Applications Open (Internships, Research, and Funding Only): October 27, 2017
Round #1 Applications Close: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Round #2 Applications Open (Funding Only): Thursday, January 11, 2018
Round #2 Applications Close: Friday, March 16, 2018
Round #1 is not rolling, and all decisions will be made at the same time. Students will be notified of their placement decisions and scholarship amounts on March 1, 2018.
Round #2 is rolling after March 1, 2018. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible in order to have the best chance of receiving funding.