Arranging Your Travel

Penn Travel and Expense Management (PennTEM) is the central travel department for University faculty, staff, students and guests. The office offers services and programs to arrange individual or group domestic and international travel.

Penn’s preferred agencies provide travel arrangements and assistance for missed flights. The expenses can be charged directly to your funding source so make sure to have your 26 digit billing code.

Group Air Travel

For coordination of Penn group travel, complete the Group Air Travel Form, and email to: .


Travel to Cuba

There are substanial restrictions on travel to Cuba from the United States and for all American citizens and American residents.  Please consult the following links when considering travel to Cuba.

GSS can coordinate and assist with the process of applying for licenses.  For more information please contact .

Important Cuba Update

November 9, 2017: U.S. State Department published a list of entities associated with Cuba, including hotels, shops, and travel agencies, with which direct financial transactions are generally prohibited under the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Cuba regulations. more

External Point of Contact

This is the main person, outside of GSS, that can help you with your travel questions.

  • , Penn Travel and Expense Program Manager
  • Phone: +1-215-746-4400

Travel to OFAC Sanctioned Countries

The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) under the U.S. Department of the Treasury has a list of Sanction countries with assets and trade restrictions that also regulates travel. Additional documentation and licenses may be required in order to travel to these countries.

Please consult OFAC's  Sanctions Programs and Country Information for more details.

Travel to the Penn Wharton China Center

If you have been invited to participate at an event or activity at the PWCC, you will need an invitation and an introductory letter for the visa application. Please consult the following documents for assistance with the letters. For detailed visa requirements, please refer to the CIBT website.  

Travel to Iran

If you are planning to travel to Iran please read: 

Anyone traveling on behalf of Penn, regardless of nationality or passport used, is subject to the OFAC regulations and may require a license from the U.S. government before engaging in certain activities in Iran or with Iranians.