Welcome to Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP)
Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP) provides opportunities for outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to intern abroad for eight to twelve weeks over the summer. The majority of internship placements have been with non-profit or non-governmental organizations, but the nature of the placements varies greatly. Some IIP placements require office work, while others require hands-on work at field sites, schools, or clinics. Each intern will receive an award to offset their internship-related expenses, including flight, visa expenses, housing and food, funded by the University of Pennsylvania. These global opportunities allow students to apply the academic knowledge they have obtained, while enriching their overall Penn experience with diverse cultural and international exposure and valuable work experience.
If you are interested in spending a summer abroad doing work related to your academic concentration or interests, we encourage you to explore the IIP placements available and contact us with any questions.
The application for the summer 2014 International Internship Program is now open! Visit the Application page to open your application!
Internships for summer 2014 will be posted on a rolling basis between now and January 15th, 2014. In the meantime, browse the website to learn more about IIP and take a look at last year's IIP placements.
Follow the IIP Interns Blog!
- Aug 28 '13 8:34AM
- Art Week!
- Stage 6 won the bank and bottle tops competition. They receive the banku party with Madam Melanie. It was crazy. The students really love banku. But I must say banku has also grown on me and I, too, think it is delicious. I might actually miss my .50 pesoa banku with okra soup suppers when […]
- Aug 27 '13 11:47PM
- The One Flushing Toilet in Torkor
- There is only one flushing toilet in Torkor. That’s right, only one. JUST ONE. It is at our school. Our school likes to call this toile the “executive toilet”. You must get a special key from the director to use it. The students don’t use it. It is mostly reserved for us, the volunteers. Typically […]
- Aug 27 '13 10:39PM
- Ghanaian Hospitality, Neighbors and Friends
- Neighbors and Friends Ghanaian We have a neighbor. His name is Precious and he sure lives up to that name. If fact his whole family is precious so I though that they deserves a whole blog post. It is so nice to have neighbor that help you get oriented when you are a stranger to […]
Lauren McCann, IIP Summer 2013 intern in Botswana, submitted this video to Penn Abroad's Travel Arts Festival.
Learn about upcoming IIP events below.