Welcome to Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP)
Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP) provides opportunities for outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to intern abroad for eight to twelve weeks over the summer. The majority of internship placements have been with non-profit or non-governmental organizations, but the nature of the placements varies greatly. Some IIP placements require office work, while others require hands-on work at field sites, schools, or clinics. Each intern will receive an award to offset their internship-related expenses, including flight, visa expenses, housing and food, funded by the University of Pennsylvania. These global opportunities allow students to apply the academic knowledge they have obtained, while enriching their overall Penn experience with diverse cultural and international exposure and valuable work experience.
If you are interested in spending a summer abroad doing work related to your academic concentration or interests, we encourage you to explore the IIP placements available and contact us with any questions.
The application for the summer 2015 International Internship Program will open in December. Visit the Application page for more information!
Internships for summer 2015 will be posted on a rolling basis between November 2014 and January 15th, 2015. In the meantime, browse the website to learn more about IIP and take a look at last year's IIP placements.
Follow the IIP Interns Blog!
- Jul 2 10:23AM
- Hong Kong: Blog #2
- Wow, the last few weeks in Hong Kong have been super busy! First, I started my internship with the other Penn intern, Harvey Huang. We have done a wide range of activities with our company, Science Workshop, such as help run birthday parties and show kids how to make bouncy balls out of Borax and […]
- Jun 29 3:45AM
- Sweet, spice, and everything nice
- In one day June will be over and I’ll have only 1 more month of my internship at the World Medical Association. I’ve filled my journal with daily thoughts and my iPhoto albums continue to enlarge with photos. I’ve met wonderful people and I’ve also tasted incredibly delicious treats. On June 25th, Prisca turned twenty-one […]
- Jun 22 12:11PM
- Penn’s rowing team meets DRAGONS (and coconuts)
- Week two at the Science Workshop has come and gone, and I have felt myself becoming more accustomed to the teaching role for which I am responsible. Most workdays consist of a few hours teaching the classes interspersed with many hours of packing the lesson materials into kits for upcoming classes. At night, I would […]
Dyana So, IIP Summer 2014 intern in Israel, had this video featured on SAS Frontiers.
Lauren McCann, IIP Summer 2013 intern in Botswana, submitted this video to Penn Abroad's Travel Arts Festival.
Learn about upcoming IIP events below.