Global Research & Internship Program (GRIP - Virtual program in Summer 2021): eHealth Research Unit at the University of Botswana
Ask me about...
- Navigating a virtual internship abroad
- Applying to graduate school while also interning full-time
- First abroad experience (albeit virtually)
My Experience Abroad:
I interned with the eHealth Research Unit at the University of Botswana through a longstanding Botswana-Penn Partnership. This experience was focused on health informatics and communication, which integrates my academic major and my desire to pursue a career in medicine. It allowed me to directly apply the skills and theories I learned in my coursework into the industry and witness the impact of this work in the field.
- Meeting all the team members and stakeholders in Botswana
- Learning bits and pieces of the language, Setswana
- Waking up and working at odd hours during the day/night