Annual Photo Contest Adventurous Eating Abroad
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Penn Abroad
Join us in celebration of our global community by sharing the ways that you have connected with another culture through food! Whether you’ve tried a new recipe at home over the last year or want to reminisce on past travels, you are invited to share the ways that you’ve experienced a new culture by trying global fare. Food that seems new or adventurous to one person could be the norm for another person, but almost anyone who has explored another culture will come across something new to try.
Have you been inspired by the culinary traditions of a different culture? Did you go on a global adventure in your kitchen? Did your past travels allow you to try something that surprised you? Obsessed with a new food that you initially found unusual? Share your experience below.
Two winners will each receive a prize bag including Penn gear and their choice of one of three global cookbooks (to be announced).
*In lieu of the People's Choice Award, Penn Global judges will select both winners.
We are accepting single entries of up to two images along with a caption detailing the experience. Entries will be judged by the quality of the caption, and the best images would include an image of the dish or food with you trying it!
The competition is open to all current Penn students. The photo must have been taken by the person submitting the entry or the entrant must be in the photograph. If you are in the photograph and did not take the photo yourself, please make sure you have received the rights to the photo before submission.
Entries must be submitted by the official entry form below
- Photo(s) must be in digital form (.jpg .png)
- Entries can be submitted in either color or black and white, but should not have been significantly altered beyond basic editing
- Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted
- Penn Abroad reserves the right to not accept any submission deemed inappropriate
- Submissions open on this page on Thursday, March 18 and will be accepted until Monday, April 5 at 11:59 PM
- Penn Abroad will coordinate with winners regarding prize distribution.
Questions? Contact Erin Feeney at email@example.com