Visiting Fellowship in Global Affairs at Perry World House, 2017-2018 Academic Year
The Global Innovation Program at the University of Pennsylvania’s Perry World House invites applications for a new Visiting Fellowship program in Global Affairs. The Global Innovation Program is the research arm of Perry World House, the University of Pennsylvania’s new university-wide hub for global engagement and interdisciplinary international policy research.
We will bring up to four Visiting Fellows in Global Affairs to campus during the 2017-2018 academic year. We are seeking excellent scholars and equivalent career professionals who have interest in both interdisciplinary outreach and policy relevance. We are particularly interested in applicants whose academic work and/or policy engagement relates to Perry World House’s core research themes:
- The Future of the Global Order: Power, Technology, and Governance
- Global Shifts: Urbanization, Migration, and Demography
- Faculty of any rank from the US and abroad as well as other professionals, including journalists, policy makers, practitioners, and former government officials engaged in global affairs are invited to apply.
- The compensation for visiting fellows will be determined on a case-by-case basis, but is a minimum of $50,000 for full academic year visitors. This compensation may supplement sabbatical pay or other benefits from a home university or other institution. Research funds and other resources will also be available.
- Visiting fellows will be expected to be in residence at Perry World House and play an active role in the PWH community. They will undertake a significant research and writing project on an issue of global affairs, and could record a Perry World House podcast, engage relevant Penn students and faculty, and give at least one research seminar during their time on campus. Other activities may be developed in partnership with PWH staff.
- Submit a cover letter, including the proposed period of a visit, CV, 1-2 page statement of proposed research/writing to be undertaken at Perry World House, and a list of 2-3 professional references at https://apply.interfolio.com/39815
- Applications will be reviewed starting February 15, 2017. To receive full consideration, applications should be received by that date.