Correcting an Error on Your EAD

If you receive an EAD (Employment Authorization Document) which contains an error (e.g., typo in name or incorrect birthdate) that was caused by USCIS, you must correct the error to avoid having any problems in the future. You must return the original EAD card to get it corrected. USCIS will issue a corrected EAD normally within 30-45 days of receiving the EAD that contains the error.

Before following the instructions below, be sure that:

  1. You have made a photocopy of the EAD card;
  2. You have already provided the card for your employment hiring process, SSN application, or driver's license renewal;
  3. You do not have any international travel plans in the coming 1-2 months.

Once the above is confirmed, refer to the USCIS website for the most current step-by-step guidance.