Basic Page Sidebar Menu ISSS
International Students and Scholar Services (ISSS) takes immense pride in recognizing and honoring outstanding contributions from our esteemed Penn partners. In a celebration of diversity, collaboration, and global engagement, ISSS annually bestows a series of distinguished awards upon individuals who have demonstrated exceptional commitment and support to the international community.
These commendations not only highlight the exemplary efforts of our University of Pennsylvania colleagues but also underscore the University's dedication to fostering an inclusive and vibrant campus environment.
Each year, our office is privileged to bestow the Penn Administrator Partnership Award (PAPA) upon an outstanding Penn colleague who exemplifies a remarkable array of commendable qualities. This distinguished award is designed to honor individuals who consistently embody the following key attributes:
- Positivity as a Partner: The recipient consistently fosters a constructive and uplifting collaboration environment, infusing positivity into their interactions with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ease of Collaboration: Awardees exhibit a seamless and cooperative approach in working with various stakeholders, promoting a culture of ease and effectiveness in collaborative efforts.
- Unwavering Reliability: The recipient establishes trust through consistent and dependable actions, serving as a reliable anchor within their role and responsibilities.
- Steadfast Dependability: Awardees showcase a commitment to reliability in all aspects of their role, ensuring that their dependability becomes a hallmark of their professional contributions.
- Promptness in Action: The recipient displays a proactive and timely response to challenges and opportunities, demonstrating a readiness to address issues swiftly and effectively.
- Dedicated Support for ISSS Mission: Awardees illustrate a strong commitment to advancing the goals and mission of the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office, actively contributing to the success of international scholars within the Penn community.
- Efficient Execution of Immigration Applications: The recipient ensures accuracy and effectiveness in navigating the complexities of immigration processes, demonstrating efficiency in executing immigration applications.
The PAPA award is a testament to the recipient's exceptional contributions and unwavering dedication to fostering a positive, collaborative, and mission-driven environment within the Penn community. This accolade recognizes not only their professional excellence but also their significant impact on enhancing the collaborative spirit and mission fulfillment at the university.
Annually, our office takes great pride in presenting the ISSS Enduring Impact Award (IEIA), an esteemed accolade designed to acknowledge exceptional contributions made by individuals serving as business administrators. The IEIA is a testament to their outstanding dedication, longevity, and impact in fostering successful partnerships with the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office, specifically in the recruitment and support of foreign nationals under F-1, J-1 and H-1B visa programs. The stringent criteria for this distinguished award encompass various facets:
- Years of Service: Awardees must have a minimum of 10 years of continuous service as business administrators, actively engaged in collaborative efforts with the ISSS office. This dedicated service focuses on facilitating the seamless entry and comprehensive support of foreign nationals under F-1, J-1 and H-1B visa categories.
- Consistent Collaboration: The recipient must demonstrate a sustained commitment to collaboration with the ISSS office, exemplifying prolonged and unwavering dedication to facilitating the immigration process for international students, scholars and employees. This dedication is evidenced by a consistent track record of support maintained over an extended period.
The ISSS Enduring Impact Award serves as a symbol of recognition for those individuals whose enduring commitment has significantly contributed to the success of partnerships with the ISSS office, leaving an indelible mark on the integration and support of foreign nationals within our academic community. This prestigious accolade not only honors their professional excellence but also celebrates the lasting impact of their efforts on the richness and diversity of our global community at the university.
Every year, our office takes immense pride in presenting the International Student Advocate of the Year (ISAY) award, a distinguished honor that underscores the crucial role played by a Penn colleague in advocating for and supporting our vibrant international student community. The ISAY award is bestowed upon an individual who exhibits not only sincerity in their support but also a proactive commitment to championing the unique needs and challenges faced by international students at Penn. The criteria for this prestigious award are multifaceted, reflecting the diverse aspects that contribute to effective advocacy and support:
- Demonstrated Support: The recipient must showcase sincere and tangible support for the international student community, actively engaging in initiatives that address their needs and concerns.
- Advocacy Initiatives: Awardees should have led or significantly contributed to advocacy initiatives that promote the well-being, inclusivity, and success of international students within the Penn community.
- Cultural Sensitivity: The ISAY recipient must demonstrate a keen understanding of cultural diversity, fostering an environment that celebrates and respects the various cultural backgrounds represented within the international student community.
- Accessibility and Approachability: Accessibility and approachability are crucial criteria, emphasizing the recipient's willingness to listen to and address the concerns of international students, making them feel valued and supported.
- Collaboration with ISSS: Successful nominees should demonstrate collaborative efforts with the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office, working in tandem to enhance the overall experience and success of international students at Penn.
The ISAY award serves as a testament to the recipient's exceptional commitment to making Penn a welcoming and supportive home for international students. By recognizing and celebrating the efforts of an individual who goes above and beyond to advocate for the needs of our diverse international student community, we aim to foster an environment that truly values and embraces the richness of cultural diversity within our academic community.