Welcome to Penn Abroad
Each year Penn Abroad sends approximately 600 students abroad to earn academic credit in nearly 50 countries. This site provides detailed information about semester and academic year study abroad opportunities for undergraduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences, the Wharton School, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, and the School of Nursing. Explore this website to find out how to plan for semester and academic year study abroad, what programs are approved for academic credit, how to apply for admission, how to finance the cost, and what Penn expects of you as a participant.
Read the Penn Abroad Blog
Read the IIP Blog
Over the summer, follow the IIP interns as they blog from various locations around the world.
- Aug 28 '13 8:34AM
- Art Week!
- Stage 6 won the bank and bottle tops competition. They receive the banku party with Madam Melanie. It was crazy. The students really love banku. But I must say banku has also grown on me and I, too, think it is delicious. I might actually miss my .50 pesoa banku with okra soup suppers when […]
- Aug 27 '13 11:47PM
- The One Flushing Toilet in Torkor
- There is only one flushing toilet in Torkor. That’s right, only one. JUST ONE. It is at our school. Our school likes to call this toile the “executive toilet”. You must get a special key from the director to use it. The students don’t use it. It is mostly reserved for us, the volunteers. Typically […]
- Aug 27 '13 10:39PM
- Ghanaian Hospitality, Neighbors and Friends
- Neighbors and Friends Ghanaian We have a neighbor. His name is Precious and he sure lives up to that name. If fact his whole family is precious so I though that they deserves a whole blog post. It is so nice to have neighbor that help you get oriented when you are a stranger to […]