Welcome to Penn Abroad
Penn Abroad serves as the hub for student global opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania. Each year Penn Abroad sends more than 1,000 Penn students to more than 50 countries around the world on semester study abroad, summer internships, and embedded Global Seminars.
Explore our website to find information about the many global opportunities available to Penn students. This site provides detailed information about semester and academic year study abroad opportunities for undergraduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences, the Wharton School, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, and the School of Nursing. In addition, browse our undergraduate Global Seminars, as well as funded summer internships abroad for both undergraduate and graduate students through the Global Internship Program.
Where will Penn take you?
Study Abroad, Work Abroad, Explore our Global Campus!
Thursday, September 28th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Houston Hall
Come meet representatives from more than 100 international employers, universities, and campus partners to learn about the many global opportunities and programs available to Penn students. This year, the Global Expo combines the annual Penn Abroad Study Abroad Fair with a Global Careers Fair and a Global Campus Fair featuring Centers and Institutes.
Open House: Penn Abroad 101
Monday, September 25th from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Join us Monday, Sept 25th for Penn Abroad 101 LIVE! Meet program managers, learn about international opportunities at Penn, enjoy some refreshments, and enter a raffle to win a free flight for a Penn Abroad-sponsored program!
Queer and Away
Monday, September 25th from 12-1 p.m., LGBT Center
Are you a member of the LGBTQ+ community and want to study abroad but have some doubts? Join Penn Abroad and the LGBT Center staff, along with past participants from Penn and other programs, to hear about preparing for your time abroad. A panel of students and staff will share their abroad experiences, so stop by if you have questions! Snacks will be provided. September 25, 12-1pm, at the LGBT Center.
Australia & New Zealand Study Abroad Info Session
Tuesday, September 26th at 3:30 p.m.
Interested in studying abroad in Australia or New Zealand? Come to an information session to find out more on how to get started. Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 3:30-4:30pm, at the Penn Abroad office (3701 Chestnut Street, Suite 1W). Snacks will be provided!
Penn Abroad Announcements
Spring 2018 PGS Applications Open
The applications for Penn Global Seminars (PGS) courses in Spring 2018 are now open! Opportunities are available for a variety of majors and class years. Please click here to explore the course offerings and start an application.
Global Internship Program (GIP) for Summer 2017
Considering a summer internship abroad? Browse internship placements, research placements, and funding opportunities for summer 2018. Hundreds of scholarships are available!
Check back at the end of October 2017 for details and to begin an application. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Read the Penn Abroad Blog
- Mar 6 11:31AM
- Day 4
- Today, we visited the Jinshanling section of the Great Wall, northeast of Beijing. Named one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Great Wall spans thousands of miles and was built over multiple c… Source: Day 4
Read the GIP Blog
Over the summer, follow the GIP interns as they blog from various locations around the world.
- Aug 4 10:27AM
- Different and Unpredictable
- Now that a few weeks have passed, I am starting to get more comfortable with my role in the hotel. Typical for China and for a hotel, every day is different and there really is no schedule or far-advance planning. Usually, my boss will tell me about meetings a couple of hours before they start. […]
- Aug 4 10:24AM
- The Beginning
- Vilma Jurkute, my boss and the director of Alserkal Avenue, created a very detailed program that outlined my daily tasks for the first few weeks. It comprised primarily of general real estate and historical research of Dubai. In this crucial period before the Expo 2020, the Dubai real estate market is in a pivotal phase, […]
- Aug 4 10:21AM
- Economic Realizations
- I remember when I used to hear about Economists when young. I was pretty sure they dealt with money, and that their aim in life was to make people earn as much money as they could. Little did I know I was going to choose this ‘money maker’ career later in life, and that it […]