Penn Abroad has moved temporarily!
Visit us at 3440 Market St, 3rd Floor until 5:00 PM on Thursday, April 19.
The office will be closed on Friday, April 20 and Monday, April 23
as we return to our 3701 Chestnut Street location.
Welcome to Penn Abroad
Penn Abroad serves as the hub for student global opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania. Each year Penn Abroad sends more than 1,000 Penn students to more than 50 countries around the world on semester study abroad, summer internships, and embedded Global Seminars. Explore our website to find information about the many global opportunities available to Penn students.
Where will Penn take you?
Learn More This Spring!
Multiple days through the semester in Fagin Hall
Multiple days through the semester in JM Huntsman Hall
Multiple days through the semester in the Towne Building
Thursday, March 29 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Perry World House
Advising Sessions & Appointments
Group advising sessions have been added for students applying to fall 2018 semester and 2018-2019 academic year programs abroad. To see the upcoming sessions or to schedule an individual appointment please click here.
Before making an appointment or attending a group session, we recommend you review program brochures to learn about programs you may be interested in. Please come to your meeting prepared with specific questions!
Penn Abroad Announcements
Penn Global Seminars
We are now accepting applications for the fall 2018 courses. The deadline to submit is April 9, 2018. Course information can be found by clicking here.
Penn to the World - Photo & Video Contest
Submit your photos and videos, win prizes, and share your abroad experience with the Penn community. More details can be found by clicking here.
Global Internship Program (GIP)
Thr Round #2 funding-only application for the Global Internship Program is now open! The deadline to apply is April 1, 2018. More detail can be found by clicking here.
Semester Study Abroad
- Fall 2018 semester and 2018-2019 academic year program deadlines vary, but tend to fall in February and March. Program deadlines can be found by reviewing individual program information.
Read the GIP Blog
Over the summer, follow the GIP interns as they blog from various locations around the world.
- Aug 4 '17 10:27AM
- Different and Unpredictable
- Now that a few weeks have passed, I am starting to get more comfortable with my role in the hotel. Typical for China and for a hotel, every day is different and there really is no schedule or far-advance planning. Usually, my boss will tell me about meetings a couple of hours before they start. […]
- Aug 4 '17 10:24AM
- The Beginning
- Vilma Jurkute, my boss and the director of Alserkal Avenue, created a very detailed program that outlined my daily tasks for the first few weeks. It comprised primarily of general real estate and historical research of Dubai. In this crucial period before the Expo 2020, the Dubai real estate market is in a pivotal phase, […]
- Aug 4 '17 10:21AM
- Economic Realizations
- I remember when I used to hear about Economists when young. I was pretty sure they dealt with money, and that their aim in life was to make people earn as much money as they could. Little did I know I was going to choose this ‘money maker’ career later in life, and that it […]
Read the Penn Abroad Blog
- Mar 6 '17 11:31AM
- Day 4
- Today, we visited the Jinshanling section of the Great Wall, northeast of Beijing. Named one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Great Wall spans thousands of miles and was built over multiple c… Source: Day 4