Welcome to Global Support Services
Global Support Services (GSS) supports the administrative and business functions of the University’s international activities. GSS works closely with the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Initiatives to advise and support central organizations, schools and centers on new and ongoing international activities. GSS also coordinates with other departments that support global operations which include the Office of Risk Management & Insurance, Comptroller’s office, Human Resources, Office of General Counsel, Audit and Compliance, Public Safety, Treasurer, ISC, Business Services and FRES.
We provide guidance and assistance in the following areas:
- Travel Logistics: Making travel arrangements
- Health & Safety: Recommendations before travel as well as seeking help while abroad
- Technology: General guidelines to ensure network connection and data security during international travel
- Finance: Banking abroad and issues regarding international business transactions
- Legal: Discussion of legal requirements and regulations for international activities
- Export Control: Discussion of export control regulations and support system to apply for export license
- Research Activities: Research-specific questions to evaluate the applicable regulations
In addition to overall support, GSS provides additional contacts and resources for specific topics and issues. Please refer to the Resources page for additional contacts. For an overview, please see our Playbook for Global Engagement.