Welcome to Penn Abroad
Each year Penn Abroad sends approximately 600 students abroad to earn academic credit in nearly 50 countries. This site provides detailed information about semester and academic year study abroad opportunities for undergraduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences, the Wharton School, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, and the School of Nursing. Explore this website to find out how to plan for semester and academic year study abroad, what programs are approved for academic credit, how to apply for admission, how to finance the cost, and what Penn expects of you as a participant.
Penn Abroad Virtual Fair
Read the Penn Abroad Blog
- Mar 18 11:18AM
- My Application for Study Abroad is in…Now what?
- Now that you’ve finally selected and applied to a study abroad program, you might feel relieved but also a little bit lost. What happens next? There’s quite a bit of time between now and the beginning of the fall term. … Continue reading →
Read the IIP Blog
Over the summer, follow the IIP interns as they blog from various locations around the world.
- Aug 13 '14 2:37PM
- No Bargaining!
- Today I implemented a No Bargaining campaign for the artisanal associations in San Juan la Laguna. At Ati’t Ala’ I am responsible for supporting the associations with their marketing strategies. A problem we have is that some tourists try to bargain with the women, which drive prices down significantly. The women only make a 20% […]
- Aug 8 '14 6:05PM
- Beauty and ruin
- Originally posted on Cognitive Storage:
It’s my last day here. It’s so hard for me to get that into my head. Maybe because I don’t want to believe it. On Wednesday, I went to the Mercado Nacional de Artesanías, shamelessly bought an abundance of souvenirs for friends, and had a miniature taxi crisis for which…
- Aug 7 '14 11:03PM
- O Descobrimento Do Brasil (Discovering Brazil)
- After two months in Rio de Janeiro, I said goodbye to Brazil more nostalgic than I expected. Despite the various organizational challenges I encountered while working here in Rio, the experience has been incredibly formative. At the risk of appearing a bit emotional, I took the title of one of my favorite Brazilian songs, “O Descobrimento […]