Welcome to Penn Abroad
Penn Abroad serves as the hub for student global opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania. Each year Penn Abroad sends more than 1,000 Penn students to more than 50 countries around the world on semester study abroad, summer internships, and embedded Global Seminars.
Explore our website to find information about the many global opportunities available to Penn students. This site provides detailed information about semester and academic year study abroad opportunities for undergraduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences, the Wharton School, the School of Engineering & Applied Science, and the School of Nursing. In addition, browse our undergraduate Global Seminars, as well as funded summer internships abroad for both undergraduate and graduate students through the Global Internship Program.
Where will Penn take you?
Come meet with Penn Abroad advisors to ask questions about semester and academic year study abroad programs, summer internship opportunities, and Penn Global Seminar courses.
We'll be hosting four pop-up advising sessions throughout the fall semester. Come chat with us!
- Tuesday, October 31 | 2:00 – 4:00 PM | The ARCH Lobby
- Wednesday, November 8 | 3:00 – 5:00 PM | Williams Hall Café
- Thursday, November 16 | 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM | Perry World House
- Friday, December 1 | 12:00 – 2:00 PM | Houston Hall (by Insomnia Cookies)
Upcoming GIP Info Sessions and Advising:
GIP General Info Sessions will be held on the following Fridays from 1:00pm-1:45pm at Penn Abroad: December 8th, and December 15th.
For more information about advising, please click here.
Penn Abroad Announcements
Global Internship Program (GIP)
Considering a summer internship abroad? Applications are now open for the Summer 2018 Global Internship Program! Browse internship placements, research placements, and funding opportunities. Hundreds of placements and scholarship awards are available! GIP applications are due January 10, 2018.
Schedule a Study Abroad Advising Appointment!
Thinking about studying abroad? Penn Abroad offers individual and group advising meetings with our Global Programs Managers throughout the year.
Before making an appointment, we recommend you review program brochures (use the "Search Programs" link to the right) to learn about programs you may be interested in. Please come to your meeting prepared with specific questions!
Read the GIP Blog
Over the summer, follow the GIP interns as they blog from various locations around the world.
- Aug 4 10:27AM
- Different and Unpredictable
- Now that a few weeks have passed, I am starting to get more comfortable with my role in the hotel. Typical for China and for a hotel, every day is different and there really is no schedule or far-advance planning. Usually, my boss will tell me about meetings a couple of hours before they start. […]
- Aug 4 10:24AM
- The Beginning
- Vilma Jurkute, my boss and the director of Alserkal Avenue, created a very detailed program that outlined my daily tasks for the first few weeks. It comprised primarily of general real estate and historical research of Dubai. In this crucial period before the Expo 2020, the Dubai real estate market is in a pivotal phase, […]
- Aug 4 10:21AM
- Economic Realizations
- I remember when I used to hear about Economists when young. I was pretty sure they dealt with money, and that their aim in life was to make people earn as much money as they could. Little did I know I was going to choose this ‘money maker’ career later in life, and that it […]
Read the Penn Abroad Blog
- Mar 6 11:31AM
- Day 4
- Today, we visited the Jinshanling section of the Great Wall, northeast of Beijing. Named one of the Seven Wonders of the World, the Great Wall spans thousands of miles and was built over multiple c… Source: Day 4