Every year, new international and U.S. students, both undergraduate and graduate, are invited to be part of the Intercultural Leadership Program (ILP). Now entering its 10th year, this program has been designed to foster an intercultural community of leaders who are ready to take on issues they are passionate about, learn more about communities different than their own, and make a lasting impact at Penn and beyond. This highly selective process will narrow the field to exceptional incoming students from across the globe!
ILP is developed by partnerships across campus that include: Penn Global, International Student and Scholar Services, Weingarten Learning Resources Center, Graduate Student Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, Greenfield Intercultural Center, Vice Provost for University Life, Office of Student Affairs, and the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly.
Thank you to ILP 10 Sponsors:
* Penn Global, International Student and Scholar Services
* GAPSA - Graduate and Professional Student Assembly
* Counseling and Psychological Services
* Graduate Student Center
* Weingarten Learning Resources Center
* The Greenfield Intercultural Center
Highlights and Requirements of Participation
- A full weekend retreat program: September 23-25, 2016 on campus. Friday welcome session 5-7pm. Saturday program 8:30am - 7pm. Sunday program 8:30am - 5pm.
- Intercultural dialogue sessions during the fall semester.
Application and Selection Process
If you are open and committed to learning the skills of intercultural leadership and motivated to share what you learn with your peers, we invite you to apply to the Penn Intercultural Leadership Program. Applications are accepted during early Fall semester of every academic year and are reviewed as they are received. Participants are selected from a pool of incoming undergraduate and graduate student applicants, both international and U.S. students. A limited number of participants from the previous ILP are selected as student leaders for succeeding years of ILP.
Please be sure that you can commit the time and attend all of the mandatory program aspects outlined before submitting your application.