ILP: Intercultural Leadership Program at Penn
Every year, new international and domestic students (both undergraduate and graduate) are invited to be part of the Intercultural Leadership Program. Now on its seventh year, this program has been designed to foster an intercultural community of leaders who are ready to take on issues they are passionate about, learn more about communities different than their own, and make a lasting impact at Penn and beyond. This highly selective process will narrow the field to exceptional incoming domestic students and incoming international students.
Application and Selection Process
If you are open and committed to learning the skills of intercultural leadership and motivated to share what you learn with your peers, we invite you to apply to the Penn Intercultural Leadership Program. Applications are being accepted immediately during early Fall semester of every year and will be reviewed as they are received. Participants will be selected from a pool of incoming undergraduate and graduate student applicants. A limited number of participants from the previous ILP are selected as student leaders for succeeding years of ILP. All participants will be awarded a certificate upon completion of the program.
Please be sure that you can commit the time and attend all of the mandatory program aspects outlined before submitting your application.
Highlights of Participation
- An on campus evening intercultural session before the weekend program
- A two day, one night weekend program off site
- Individual participation in a project/organization tailored to the interests of the participants
- Follow-up support sessions in smaller affinity groups throughout the fall semester
- A mid-year dinner presentation before the end of Fall semester
- Ongoing opportunities to share your experiences via web-based media
- Final presentation during a Spring semester reception