Every year, new international and domestic students (both undergraduate and graduate) are invited to be part of the Intercultural Leadership Program (ILP). Now entering its ninth year, this program has been designed to foster an intercultural community of leaders who are ready to take on issues they are passionate about, learn more about communities different than their own, and make a lasting impact at Penn and beyond. This highly selective process will narrow the field to exceptional incoming students from across the globe!
ILP is funded and organized by Penn Global, International Student and Scholar Services, Vice Provost for University Life, Office of Student Affairs, Greenfield Intercultural Center, Weingarten Learning Resources Center, Graduate Student Center, Counseling and Psychological Services, and the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly.
Highlights and Requirements of Participation
- An evening intercultural session before the weekend program, Friday, September 18, 2015
- A full weekend program at International House, Saturday and Sunday, September 19-20
- Active participation in a team intercultural project during the fall semester with one of the ILP partnering offices
- A "Recharge" meeting in mid-October to stay in touch with the entire group and update each other on projects
- Ongoing opportunities to share your experiences via web-based media
- Final presentations during the closing ceremony on Wednesday, November 18.
Application and Selection Process
If you are open and committed to learning the skills of intercultural leadership and motivated to share what you learn with your peers, we invite you to apply to the Penn Intercultural Leadership Program. Applications are accepted during early Fall semester of every academic year and will be reviewed as they are received. Participants are selected from a pool of incoming undergraduate and graduate student applicants, both international and U.S. students. A limited number of participants from the previous ILP are selected as student leaders for succeeding years of ILP. All participants will be awarded a certificate upon completion of the program.
Please be sure that you can commit the time and attend all of the mandatory program aspects outlined before submitting your application.
The deadline to apply is 11:59pm on Wednesday, September 2, 2015.