Every year, new international and domestic students (both undergraduate and graduate) are invited to be part of the Intercultural Leadership Program (ILP). Now in its eighth year, this program has been designed to foster an intercultural community of leaders who are ready to take on issues they are passionate about, learn more about communities different than their own, and make a lasting impact at Penn and beyond. This highly selective process will narrow the field to exceptional incoming students from across the globe!
Application and Selection Process
If you are open and committed to learning the skills of intercultural leadership and motivated to share what you learn with your peers, we invite you to apply to the Penn Intercultural Leadership Program. Applications are accepted during early Fall semester of every academic year and will be reviewed as they are received. Participants are selected from a pool of incoming undergraduate and graduate student applicants, both international and U.S. students. A limited number of participants from the previous ILP are selected as student leaders for succeeding years of ILP. All participants will be awarded a certificate upon completion of the program.
Please be sure that you can commit the time and attend all of the mandatory program aspects outlined before submitting your application.
Highlights and Requirements of Participation
- An on campus evening intercultural session before the weekend program
- A full weekend program at International House, Saturday and Sunday
- Individual participation in an intercultural project tailored to the interests of the participants
- Follow-up support sessions in smaller affinity groups throughout the fall semester
- A "Recharge" meeting in December to stay in touch with the entire group and update each other on projects.
- Ongoing opportunities to share your experiences via web-based media
- Final presentations during a spring semester closing ceremony