Get to know your new city!
Here are some basics about Philadelphia, most often referred to as Philly.
This section contains information on many of the things that will help you live in and explore the city.
- Philadelphia is located in the Eastern US
- Penn is located in West Philadelphia
- Explore the region: Google Maps
- English is the primary language spoken everywhere
- The city is very diverse, though, and other languages and international communities can be found
Useful Links to Philadelphia Resources
- Philadelphia links on Penn's web site
- SEPTA - Public Transportation
- Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation
- Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Philadelphia City Paper
- Philadelphia Weekly
- International House located in West Philadelphia, coordinates film screenings and other internationally focused events. It is also home to ISSS.