Annual Admission Meeting
ISSS hosts annual information meetings for Penn's Admission Offices to review how ISSS and Admissions can work together to facilitate the arrival of Penn’s new international students. The meetings provide information on the I-20/DS-2019 application process and any immigration updates that may affect the visa application process. Please ISSS with any questions.
Penn Admission Office Responsibilities
Financial Tuition and Fee Information
- Annually provide ISSS with estimated financial tuition and fee figures.
- ISSS will begin to collect new estimated financial figures in December (for one academic year or for the period of study if less than a year) .
- Updated information must be entered in iPenn before the new admission season. If not, new students cannot complete the financial certification section of the I-20/DS-2019 application.
Please see the listing of estimated funding requirement.
- Please note: Estimated expenses are provided to ISSS before the Trustees of the University confirm the actual figures around late March or early April. The student’s I-20/DS-2019 includes the estimated financial figures. Any possible discrepancies will not affect the student’s visa application.
Steps to provide students access to I-20/DS-2019 application
- Send admission letter to the student.
Assign 9-digit Admission ID (if the student does not have a Social Security Number).
- The admission ID should match the SRS record ID.
- Provide the new student with the 9-digit admission ID.
- Upload admission list through iPenn (see link below).
- For students new to Penn, iPenn will automatically send an email with login instructions.
- For returning or continuing students, please be sure to notify the student to log into iPenn. See sample login instructions.