Undergraduate Orientation Events
Basic Page Sidebar Menu ISSS
ISSS hosts orientation activities for all new international undergraduate students.
International undergraduate orientation activities will begin on Monday, August 23; find the schedule below. Please check the New Student Orientation (NSO) website for the full NSO schedule. Follow the instructions sent to you by Residential Services via email for move-in during the week of August 23. For more useful information on how to prepare for your Penn experience, check out this new international student guide created by Assembly of International Students and the ISSS Departure & Arrival Checklist.
- New International Undergraduate Welcome Picnic
- Monday, August 23 | 6:00–7:30 EDT
- Shoemaker Green
- Join us for an outdoor picnic on Penn's Shoemaker Green, where you'll have an opportunity to meet faculty and staff from various Penn schools and centers who will provide you with a warm welcome to the University of Pennsylvania. You'll also get the chance to meet your fellow new international students from around the world and enjoy the fresh air on Penn's beautiful West Philadelphia campus.
- Welcome Session for New International Undergraduates Mandatory
- Wednesday, August 25 | 10:00–11:45AM
- Meyerson Hall B1
- Come meet the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) team and get to know other new international students through a variety of games and icebreaker activities, as well as a Cultural Awareness Session and Penn Trivia hosted by the International Peers Helping Incoming New Students (iPHINS). The event will be held indoors; masks are required for all attendees regardless of vaccination status.
- International Student Welcome Center
- Monday, August 23 – Wednesday, August 25 | 11:00AM–3:00PM
- Outside the ISSS Office (3701 Chestnut St. 1W)
- Meet the iPHINS (International Peers Helping Incoming New Students), navigate the NSO calendar, and learn how to get started at Penn!