Global Engagement Fund
The Global Engagement Fund (GEF) is a competitive grant program that awards up to $25,000 in funding to creative, cross-disciplinary projects that will further Penn’s global initiatives. Goals of the fund include:
- Promoting collaboration across Schools and disciplines;
- Engaging regions of the world in which Penn has active academic partnerships and collaborative activities;
- Catalyzing entrepreneurial research and engagements in a global context.
The Global Engagement Fund (GEF) offers awards of up to $25,000 through an annual Call for Proposals. Additonally, eligible applicants can apply for funding at any time during the year via our GEF Investigator-Initiated Program.
Types of Support
The Global Engagement Fund supports the following activities:
- Research and academic collaborations
- Faculty and student collaborations
- Exchange programs
- Distinguished scholar support
- Interdisciplinary symposia, conferences, and workshops
- Seed funding for new project development
Eligibility is limited to Penn assistant, associate and full professors, in any track, at any professional level. Preference will be given to those who are full-time, non-tenured professors.
What we do not fund
The Global Engagement Fund does not support the following activities:
- Faculty salaries
- Operational support
- Conference or symposia attendance only (paper presentations or speaking engagements may be considered)