The Penn Global Seminars program is an initiative that provides financial and logistical support for embedding overseas travel into robust undergraduate seminars. These courses combine an intensive semester-long seminar with a short-term travel component, led by the course’s instructor, which will deepen the students understanding of concepts discussed in the classroom.
Come to Penn Abroad (3701 Chestnut Street) on Friday, September 29 at 3pm for an info session about Spring Global Seminars!
Global Seminars Fast Facts:
- Semester-long, on-campus courses with an overseas research or learning component.
- Available to undergraduates.
- Faculty members travel with students for overseas component.
- Small courses, generally no more than 15 students.
- Most on-the-ground costs are covered through a generous donation from the Hasan and Arifa Ahmad Fund, as well as contributions from Penn's Global Engagement Fund.
- Program participants typically pay for the cost of airfare to the program site, and any personal expenses such as personal meals, immunizations and travel visas.
- Financial aid packages can be applied to Global Seminars to support the cost of the flight and personal expenses.