Global Grants Recording of the 2022 Launch Symposium Now Available
Basic Page Sidebar Menu Penn Global
May 31, 2022
On April 27th, Penn Global's 2022 Launch Symposium brought together 21 faculty and researchers from across campus to share short presentations on their projects supported by the Penn Global Research and Engagement Grant Program. Presenters across five theme-driven panels discussed their upcoming work in India, China, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and beyond, and engaged in moderated Q&A discussions, addressing questions such as:
- What are the public policy implications of their projects?
- How will the COVID-19 pandemic affect their projects? What other challenges and obstacles do faculty and their research teams anticipate?
- How will faculty and research teams ensure that knowledge generated from their research is shared and preserved within local communities?
- What are the implications of your project for principles of justice?
- How do relationships with partners, universities, or research centers advance their work?
- What opportunities and challenges will faculty face in forming deeper equitable partnerships, and what will it take for these partnerships to flourish?
A recording of the symposium is now available.
Information Session for Prospective Applicants
Before the 2022 Launch Symposium, Penn Global hosted an information session for faculty, staff, and students interested in applying to the Penn Global Research and Engagement Grant Program. Topics covered included: types of support, eligibility requirements, call for proposals and more. Additional information about the grant program is available on Penn Global's website.
Information Session for Funds Awardees
Penn Global also hosted an information session for faculty and researchers who are receiving support from the Penn Global Research and Engagement Grant Program. Topics covered included reporting procedures, budget management, and more. The information session concluded with a Q&A from Dr. Kathryn Hellerstein, a former faculty recipient of the China Research and Engagement Fund (CREF). For more information about the grant program, please visit Penn Global's website