The Penn Global Seminars program is an initiative that provides financial and logistical support for embedding overseas travel into robust undergraduate seminars. These courses combine an intensive semester-long seminar with a short-term travel component, led by the course’s instructor, which will deepen the students' understanding of concepts discussed in the classroom.
Global Seminars Fast Facts:
- Semester-long, on-campus courses with an overseas research or learning component.
- Available to undergraduates.
- Faculty members travel with students for overseas component.
- Small courses, generally no more than 15 students.
- Most on-the-ground costs are covered through a generous donation from the Hasan and Arifa Ahmad Fund, as well as contributions from Penn's Global Engagement Fund.
- Program participants typically pay for the cost of airfare to the program site, and any personal expenses such as personal meals, immunizations and travel visas.
- Financial aid packages can be applied to Global Seminars to support the cost of the flight and personal expenses.