Ask me about...
- Challenges that pushed me to grow and learn more about myself than I ever had before
- How my gap year positioned me to tackle the challenges I faced at Penn in a way I wouldn't have been able to before
My gap year experience:
Taking a gap year inspired me to continue studying Chinese in addition to Mechanical Engineering. I've had an awesome experience with the Chinese department at Penn. The best part about my gap year was how much I matured in terms of how I problem solve, how I comfort myself, and how I consciously choose to interact with the world in a positive way.
Highlights from my gap year:
- Speaking Chinese conversationally, from knowing how to order coffee to saying my name
- Visiting the Leshan Giant Buddha with friends
- Traveling to Shangri-La and Huangshan alone
- Learning about Chinese culture through interacting with locals
- Showing my family around Shanghai when they came to visit me