All foreign nationals must be aware of the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) regulations on address change notification. Please follow the directions below as they apply to you. Different rules apply for different Immigration categories. Please also review our Frequently Asked Questions.
All non-U.S. citizens, including lawful permanent residents, are required to notify DHS of changes of address within 10 days of moving
- To comply, file the Form AR-11 online.
- Be sure to print a copy before submission for your record of compliance.
- Only Exemptions: non-immigrants in A or G categories
- Students & Scholars in F-1/F-2 or J-1/J-2 status in SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System), should comply by informing of an address change within 10 days of the change, instead of sending an AR-11directly to DHS.
Scholars should also:
- email new address to - if you have not already done so for SEVIS
- update your profile with Penn/Payroll using U@Penn - click on My Profile, then Edit My Profile
Students should also:
- if you are currently enrolled, update your address via Penn InTouch
- if you have completed your studies, email new address to