The Department of Homeland Security requires that all foreign nationals inform them of any change of address. As different rules apply to different immigration categories, please follow carefully the directions below as they apply to you:
- Active F-1 and J-1 Students (and their dependents) status should keep their address current using PennInTouch.
- F-1 Students in OPT Status (and their dependents) should inform of any address change within 10 days by following the Report Changes button in iPenn.
- J-1Scholars (and their dependents) should inform of any address change within 10 days using the “Address/Phone/Email Update” eform under the J-1/J-2 Reporting section of iPenn, so that their records may be updated in SEVIS.
- All other Foreign National Employees (H-1B, E-3, TN and all other immigrant and non-immigrant categories including Lawful Permanent Residents) must notify the Department of Homeland Security directly of any changes of address within 10 days of moving using Form AR-11, which may be submitted either via paper or electronically.
- Individuals in any immigration status who recieve a direct payment from Penn should also update their profile with Penn/Payroll using U@Penn.