Basic Page Sidebar Menu Perry World House
Taking Stock of Feminisms Today and Looking Ahead
Panel 1: 11:00 am-12:30pm
In Translation: Transnational Feminisms Today. Introduction by Kathleen Brown, the Director of APC & GSWS. Deborah Thomas then will lead the full group in a discussion.
- Ann Farnsworth, Associate Professor of History & GSWS Affiliated Faculty
- LaShawn Jefferson, Deputy Director, Perry World House
- Shenila Khoja-Moojli, Visting Scholar, Alice Paul Center
- Deborah Thomas, Professor of Anthropology & GSWS Core Faculty
Keynote: 12:30-2:30pm: Lunch will be served
H.E. Moushira Khattab, Ph.D., Egypt’s former Minister of Family and Population; former Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs and former Ambassador of Egypt to South Africa, the Czech Republic and Slovakia; human rights activist, advocating the rights of children and women and former Chair of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child. In conversation with Aisha Oyebode of the “Bring Back our Girls” Campaign in Nigeria. Moderated by Rangita de Silva de Alwis, Associate Dean for International Programs, Penn Law School.
Keynote will be followed by book launch event: “Making Law, Breaking Silence: Case Studies from the Field”.
Panel 2: 2:30pm-4:00pm
Local Feminisms Today
- Nora Elmarzouky, Workshop facilitation, Curriculum Development, Civic Engagement Strategies at In-Site Collaborative
- KC Benchimol, BSN, RN, MSN Student, University of Pennsylvania, School of Nursing 2018
- Lara Perla, journalist, activist