Basic Page Sidebar Menu Perry World House
Perry World House invites applications for its inaugural cohort of Faculty Fellows.
This program will deepen the collaboration between faculty members across all of Penn’s 12 schools and Perry World House by providing robust support for global-policy relevant faculty research and engagement.
- Applicants must be standing faculty at the University of Pennsylvania;
- The Fellowship is a 3-year term (renewable once); and
- The deadline has been extended to March 31, 2021.
We would expect Faculty Fellows to:
- Be highly engaged with Perry World House programming for the duration of the Fellowship by, for example, participating in workshop and colloquia, attending the Wednesday Seminar Series, hosting Visiting Fellow and Visiting Scholars, and providing ideas for, and input to, the development of our thematic work.
- Take on service roles that could include serving on the PWH thematic steering committees, convening major events, or working on research projects with our Postdoctoral Fellows or Program Managers.
- Attend one PWH faculty meeting per semester to discuss PWH programs and plans for their engagement.
- Use their PWH affiliation on their relevant publications and bio sketches.
Resources and Support
In order to advance Faculty Fellows’ work, PWH will provide up to $20,000 in funding to support a one- to two-day, faculty-organized workshop that will advance knowledge and policy engagement about a pressing global problem. We are especially interested in workshops that further research related to one of Perry World House’s two research themes: “The Future of the Global Order: Power, Technology, and Governance” or “Global Shifts: Urbanization, Migration, and Demography.” Additionally, we will provide PWH Faculty Fellows support with writing for policy outlets, including the PWH webpage and external outlets. Their bio and photo will be included on our website.
Interested applicants should submit a C.V. and a 3-page letter of interest.
The letter of interest should do three things:
- Briefly explain the global nature and potential global policy relevance of your overall work;
- Lay out why engaging with Perry World House would be important for your research and how Perry World House would benefit from your research; and
- Include a workshop proposal (including a notional list of participants) that describes its connection to Perry World House’s research themes, academic merit, interdisciplinary character and makes clear the potential for global policy relevant engagement.
Apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/83880. Applications are due on March 31, 2021.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.